Round & About Eastleach, Village Pump

The Well is fed by a spring and provided the everyday water supply for the Village of Eastleach, since its installation in 1874.
Village Pump Eastleach

The Well is fed by a spring and provided the everyday water supply for the Village of Eastleach, since its installation in 1874.

The Well was capped off in the late 1990’s and gradually disapeared from view due to the overgrowth from shrubs, brambles and overhanging hedges.

The Well is fed by a spring and provided the everyday water supply for the Village of Eastleach, since its installation in 1874.
Village Pump Eastleach Photo By Kind Permission of Andy Hill

The well was cleared and restored by the Parish Council in 2019 – read more here.

The well is A Grade II Listed Building in Eastleach Martin, Gloucestershire

Listing Text

EASTLEACH EASTLEACH TURVILLE
SP 1905-2005
13/186

Well head approximately 40m south west of Keble’s Bridge

Well head. Dated 1884. Erected by T.S. Bazley. Limestone.

Consists of solid stone with gable above each face, north and south sides having Bazley monogram and ’84’.

The Well is fed by a spring and provided the everyday water supply for the Village of Eastleach, since its installation in 1874.
Bazley Monogram on Eastleach Village Pump – Photograph by Pete McHugh

Rectangular niche on west side with water outlet and iron grille to drain.

Octagonal pyramidal top stone with iron rod for missing finial. ( Finial replaced in 2019 )

Well said to have been drilled by Dutch engineers.


Listing NGR: SP2007905187

The Well is fed by a spring and provided the everyday water supply for the Village of Eastleach, since its installation in 1874.
Village Pump Eastleach , Photo By Kind Permission of Andy Hill
The Well is fed by a spring and provided the everyday water supply for the Village of Eastleach, since its installation in 1874.
Photo By Kind Permission of Andy Hill Village Pump Eastleach