Able-bodied folk of Eastleach and Fyfield!
I call up on you to join me to assemble tents, marquees and other such paraphernalia for the coming Eastleach Fete which takes place on Saturday August 26th.
Roger Sutcliffe has bestowed upon me the role of “Gang Master” and armed with a schedule of events and timescale I need your help to assist in whatever way you can to bring the Fete to life with the assembling and disassembling of all the components that are needed for a successful day. As we all know, the Fete lasts for just a few hours but the preparation behind it is quite a list so the event goes off without a hitch and in turn, raises lots of money for the Village.
Please see below the schedule I have and I seek your volunteer action to help us make this year a memorable Fete (without monsoons and lightning strikes).
- Banners (placed in strategic locations in surrounding areas within and outside the village)
- Clear under stage
- Store tents and signs in entrance, back room and kitchen of Village Hall
- Tables laid out for White Elephant (Barb to advise)
Friday Before (25th)
- Clear Southrop of chairs and tables
- Put up big Marquee
- Put up book stall tent (if we have enough man power, light and time, if not this would-be Saturday morning).
- Use kitchen to set up and store Tombola prizes, (Steve and Vince to advise)
Saturday 26th AM
- Set up teas
- Help with small tents and tables
- Help with stall signs
- Parking fences
- Signs in village (to car park)
Of course, there is a reversal of this and we need to maximise the available labour to breakdown all the assembled articles and return tables and chairs to Southrop. To position the apparatus used in the backroom of the Village Hall, this will be then placed under the stage once the White Elephant residue has been cleared.
Please let me know when you can assist and volunteer, just use the email below.