Have you picked up your badminton racket recently, thinking you really should start playing again? Badminton is a popular sport for people of all ages, and there are plenty of benefits of playing regularly, including:
• staying fit – using many different muscles in your body
• losing weight – an hour of playing can burn about 450 calories
• increasing your muscle tone – especially the arm and back muscles on the side
you hold the racket
• reducing stress and anxiety – the increased production of endorphins, the brain’s feel-good neurotransmitters, may improve mood and sleep patterns
• reducing isolation – enabling you to meet new people, and perhaps make new
Fairford Badminton Club play from 8 to 10pm on Mondays (excluding Bank Holidays) at Farmor’s Sport Centre and we would love to see some new faces.
We are looking for people who want to play socially (and who have picked up a racket before), and also for more experienced players who might be interested in joining one of our league teams. Players need to be aged 14 and above. We are currently offering up to three free sessions, to see if you like it before joining the club.
For more information, visit our website www.fairfordbadmintonclub.co.uk or come along to a session at Farmor’s Sports Centre, Farmor’s School, Fairford GL7 4JQ.
Taken from CHEQS Community Magazine