Round and About Eastleach, Mrs Clack’s Bench

The bench offers one of the loveliest spots to sit and enjoy watching and listening to the River Leach as it flows under the Clapper Bridge in Eastleach.

“Mrs Clack was a lovely petite lady who was married to Bill Clack who was the village butcher.

She use to ride her bike around delivering meat to customers.” Linda Bishop.

The plaque on the bench reads: In memory of Francis Katie Clack (Kay) 1904 to 2006
Mrs Clacks Bench – Eastleach by kind permission of Andy Hill
The ancient clapper bridge over the River Leach in Eastleach, is known locally as the “Keble’s Bridge” named after John Keble who was curate to the church of St. Michael & St. Martin in the village.
The Bench by the Clapper Bridge Eastleach – Image by kind permission of : https://www.facebook.com/ftpphotography/
The ancient clapper bridge over the River Leach in Eastleach, is known locally as the “Keble’s Bridge” named after John Keble who was curate to the church of St. Michael & St. Martin in the village.

The Bench by the Clapper Bridge Eastleach – Image by kind permission of : https://www.facebook.com/ftpphotography/

Mrs Clacks Bench – Eastleach – Photo by kind permission of Andy Hill

Mrs Clacks Bench – Eastleach – Photo by kind permission of Andy Hill

Mrs Clacks Bench – Eastleach – Photo by kind permission of Andy Hill
steve clarke
Author: steve clarke