Round and About Eastleach – The Arkell’s Barn ( Bouthrop)


Barn Approximately 70 Metres North of Bouthrop House, known locally as the ”Arkell’s Barn” , often opened for village gatherings by Jackie & David Arkell

The Arkell’s Barn, Eastleach

A Grade II Listed Building in Eastleach Martin, Gloucestershire

Listed Barn, Eastleach

Listing Text

EASTLEACH EASTLEACH MARTIN
SP 1905-2005
13/180

Barn. Late C18. Random rubble limestone; stone slate roof.

Barn approximately 70m north of
Bouthrop House (previously listed
23.1.52 as Barn by side of churchyard and
South of Church)
GV II

Six-bay barn with south porch and outshut. Central porch on south side with hipped roof, doorway with timber lintel and plank door.

Outshut to right with catslide roof and lower plank doors. Owl holes to gable ends. Small central lean-to porch on north side with timber lintel and plank doors. Two rows of slit vents.

Interior: 6-bay collar and tie beam truss roof. Brick and stone flag floors. Important position next to churchyard.


Listing NGR: SP2021805190

The Barn & Bouthrop Church, Eastleach
Bouthrop Barn, Eastleach
steve clarke
Author: steve clarke