Brian and Sue Souter would like to say a huge thank you to our friends and neighbours from Eastleach and the surrounding villages for the wonderful support and generosity shown by all for our Brain Tumour awareness coffee and cake fundraisers on the past two Saturday mornings.
So many braved the freezing snowy weather the 1st week and those who couldn’t came yesterday.
Thank you all.
£1600 was raised and will be sent off tomorrow to the Brain Tumour Charity for more research into the causes and treatment of this awful condition.
Grateful thanks to all who donated raffle prizes. The winners drawn by Mrs Feltham [ with her eyes closed!] were as follows:
- 1st prize :Glenfiddich Single Malt Whiskey….Nanena Reade
- 2nd Prize: Gordon’s Gin….Lavender Feltham
- 3rd Prize: A beautiful Orchid…Annie and David Backhouselovely
- 4th Prize: a bottle of wine…Michael Johnson
- 5th Prize: a fluffy Flamingo….Patti Price
- 6th Prize: Swiss Luxury Chocolates….Jane Jenkinson
- 7th Prize : More Swiss Chocs….Marion Dawson
- 8th Prize: More Chocs…..Ros Hart
- 9th Prize : Laura Ashley scented candle…Olivia Jeans
- 10th Prize : Luxury Bath Oil….Meriel and Pete McHugh
The 2 events showed us just how very lucky we are to live in such a kind,generous and supportive place as this little part of rural Gloucestershire
Sue and Brian